Essence of Everything Successful
Buckminster Fuller is a name no one in the arts can ignore. His ideas span from out-of-the-box and weird to downright crazy. This quote oozing out of his creative genius grabbed my attention coming from a blaring television in passing. Buckminster Fuller, creative genius born in 1895, said:
"Integrity is the essence of everything successful"
At first you think - what? That doesn't ring true. And then, as you dissect the statement you realize that part of the essence of integrity lies in its sustainability. Integrity is platinum caught up in the ore of sustainability and mined in the creative output of our work.
I've discovered the following:
- this means sticking to your creative guns, your design principles and convictions, and knowing when and how to bend them, if necessary.
- integrity can be very personal, requiring a deep knowledge of and commitment to self.
- Integrity somehow always comes at a cost, few are willing to pay.
- it's a lonesome journey as few understand it/you.
- it seems to have (only) long-term gains, no quick fixes here.
- it seems outdated, archaic and stubborn aka old-school.
- it seems uninteresting and downright boring, the black sheep of art and design.
- it will stand the test of time.
Fuller also said, "If humanity does not opt for integrity we are through completely. It is absolutely touch and go. Each one of us could make the difference.”
#buckminsterfuller #bucky #buckminsterfullergenius #integrityinart #madebycor #cor #saatchiartcor #artistcor #sustainabilityinart #successinart #artforsale #artforinvestment #artforgalleries